Monday, October 28, 2013

Yes i know.....

And so when I got this box of crayons and toffees
Wrapped in vibrant colors, when I was 7
I knew no bound to my happiness 
I giggled, laughed, hopped around like a joker
I thought love was all about toffees and colors..
 
And then I grew up now I was 11
All I did was listen to music for hours and hours
And wait for that one glance from this
Cute guy who studied in the class next to mine
I supposed he had the best smile in this world
So I thought love was all about
Music and that one glance of him..
 
Flipping through the pages, my friend was busy
Completing her notes and I was busy giving final touches
To the letter I was writing with smiley’s and glitters
The first ever love letter I wrote,
No I mean it was not by me for someone but
For a friend of mine, we were 14 now
I thought love was this pretty letter with
Smileys and glitters and few poetic phrases
 
I got startled the moment mom called for me
I was busy talking to him over phone
Struggling as to no word escapes my room
At 19 I was proud that I too had someone to love
Someone to ask if I am fine, if I have had my food, if I was back home
Someone to hold my hand, someone to make promises
Love then for me was talking to him
For hours and hours, and trying to hide it from mom
 
I realized this word insecurity had started intruding my space
I knew he was close to me I could feel his warmth
I could hear his true words and why he wanted to leave but
I could also see his eyes lying and still I sat there trying to believe that
I might have been wrong,
On my 22rd Birthday I knew I was empty within, I was lost
I wondered if love was about feeling this warmth and still being miles apart
Was it about being scared of never seeing the one you loved??
 
Then it so happened that I sort of detested love
I believed there is nothing as love
It’s all illusion, it’s all in poetries
At 24 I sort of became rebellious
I was million times sure I would never love
I don’t need a Partner I am too enough for myself
I understood life has many prettier things than love..
 
 Today at this moment
After completing 25years and 9 months and 13 days of my life
I suddenly realized
Love was not about toffees and colors neither was it about
Music or that one glance or about those smiley’s and glitters
And those incessant phone calls or getting insecure
Love is a beautiful feeling full of energy,
Full of creativity, filled with bliss and confidence
Love is that makes you humble and calm
And a confession I would like to make..
I always wished to be love but never knew the strength of loving someone 
Deeply, unconditionally, without fear and
Without letting that person know that I love
 So I decide finally
To love ..
And now I know love
Yes, I am in “love” ….

No comments:

Post a Comment